Finally, after a long wait, i decided to get a new phone. I still do not know why i waited so long.
The Audiovox SMT5600 Tri-band GSM Smartphone arrived by mail yesterday and is active and rocking ! The features in this phone are great and it kinda eliminates a need for a new mp3 player for now. Its got a built-in 32 mb memory (not much, i know) which can store videos, songs, pictures and docs ! There is also a SD card slot to upgrade the memory, if i want to ! And you know what’s great even more ?? Its freakin free with the service ! Cingular 450 daytime min with rollback and a free phone. Neat huh ?!
It works great but hasn’t changed my life much. Before i start cribbing more, here is how it looks.
So if you are someone I know, and if you dont have my number, drop me a mail.
Just stuff i’ve been reading through in between my code runs. Makes some interesting read. Here are some of them.
- A neat site with lots of links and lots of junk news and trivia. Nice site to spend some time.
- Live, Jobs Tells Stanford Grads – I’ve seen a similar talk of his before but this one makes me think that he’s going nuts. Well but thats just me !
- Jackie and the Brain – A neat story about the evolution of an AI being !
- Who Will Google Buy Next? – If you are one of those people who love Google and are interested in what they are going to do next, then check this story. Nevertheless, it gives you lots of links to many other interesting services, free and paid which could be very helpful.
- ScienceMatters@Berkeley, June issue – Not much but if you are scientifically motivated, then watch the issues regularly. The boys at the Big school do post some nice research material here.
- The Simnuke project – Sheer craziness if you ask me but oh well, who isn’t ???
- Why We Need Friendly AI – Nice site with all the Asimov laws. Frankly, i’ve got to confess that i was blown away by the book(I Robot) and there are some other interesting perspectives in this site which are weirdly cool !
- Toll Free 800 Directory provides information about 1-800 numbers, reverse lookup and tracing 1 800 numbers – Well if you are stuck in the US, like I am, this could be a handy reference at times you never expect !
- Cool Fractals @ freaky-fractals.com – Its all about Fractals. I’ve always loved the idea behind them. Nice site.
This is a complete marking of all the states that i’ve visited in India till date. I wish there were no white states and that i had covered them all and seen them all. But crap. No time. Anyway here goes..
Check out this cool site to generate a map of your own !
After a gruelling 32 hour ride, I am finally back in College station. You would expect my journey would have been eventless. But ahem. ‘Worse things can happen beyond your imagination at the least expected times, to people who are least prepared.’ (My personal Murphy’s extension !) And I will detail that story of mine in the next post.
Anyway, the transformation into the psychotic, socially allergic student I used to be has already started.
I have already started to forget the taste of dosas. The taste of sandwitches, burgers and pizza linger now.
The constant company of friends has vanished. Back to the same old ‘Me, Myself and my solitude’.
The never ending sleeping schedule is gone. ‘Sleep on ration’ is about to kick in !
Research : ‘What the hell is that ?’. hmm. 10 days ago, I would have said that. But, now i’ve got to do my work. So ye reactors, prepare yourself to be dissected.
The pathetically slow dialup connection is gone. DSL : Here i come.
My body clock still does not understand ‘why the daylight shows up when i am about to go to sleep and is already gone when i wake up !’
The transformation has been slow but steady. My house is in a mess. Reminds me of the house at Coles park.
I’ve already got a huge assignment which is due next monday. Work starts and Life has become more active. And time goes on …